It can be one of the most frustrating moment in your life when you are connected to the wifi but no to the internet. If you are the “victim” of Wifi connected but no internet error, then you are not alone. Because most of us have faced this error Over the past few years.
Unfortunately, there is no single solution to fix Wifi connected no internet error. Maybe it is causing because of your operating system settings or the router. I personally have faced this error lot’s of time and thankfully solved it every time.
That’s why here I will tell you all possible fix to solve phone connected to wifi but no internet issue or error.
Where to look?
There are usually two places where you have to look whenever you are facing Wifi connected but no internet issue.
- Device having the issue
If the internet is not working on all the devices connected with a single particular router, then it means there is a problem with your router /modem.
And if you are getting the issue on one particular device and other connected devices are working fine. Then there is a high chance that there is a problem with the device’s WiFi adapter or the Routers and that particular devices are having a hard time to communicate.
Below I have shared all the possible fixes to solve Wifi connected but no internet error. Just try one by one and your issue will be definitely solved..
Fix — WiFi Connected But No Internet Access
- Restart Devices
- Check Modem Lights
- Use Built-in Troubleshooter
- Uninstall Wireless drivers
- Flush DNS
- Obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically
- Try resetting TCP/IP or Winsock
- Edit Registry key
- Remove Bonjour services
- Malwarebytes and Clean boot
- Reset Your Network
I know most of you have done this step already couples of time. In case if you have not restarted all the devices then you should must restart all the devices before moving to the next step. I have personally observed good ol’ reboot is a fix to most of network related issue in the computer.
I will suggest you restart modem and Router both if they are separated, One more important thing wait for at least 30 seconds before giving it a fresh start. Apart from modem and router I also recommend you to give your Pc a fresh new start.
If Wifi connected but no internet issue is still appearing, move to the next step.
Check Modem Lights
There might be a chance that problem which you are getting is because of internet connection instead of the device connected with it. So, Make sure to check “Internet light” on the router. Moreover, you can also ensure that there is no unusual behaviour happening with your router; such as extraordinary light flickering.
Ideally, DSL lights should be On or in green colour in some router and wifi indicator light should blink. If you are not sure about these light, then don’t worry about it just take your phone and contact your ISP customer care services. Tell them what’s wrong happened with your internet and how much time they’ll need to fix it from their end.
If wifi connected no internet issue is still appearing, then just move to the next step.
Use Built-in Troubleshooter
If the internet is working fine from ISP end, you can check it by connecting other devices with the same wifi and if the internet is working fine on other devices then it means that there might be some problem occurred with the WiFi adapter of your device You can easily fix it by built-in troubleshooter program that comes with Windows and Mac.
- You have to Right click on Wi-Fi icon on the bottom right side of the Taskbar and select Troubleshoot Problems.
- Now windows will automatically detect the problem and solve it. In case if it don’t then also it will at least let you know what the problem is. You can search for the solution online or you can even ask with me in the comment section.
Uninstall Wireless drivers
If you are still facing wifi but no internet issue, then there might be a chance that this issue is appearing because of wireless drivers, So we will just uninstall it and try to solve this problem.
1. First of all Press Windows key + R, then you have to type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter to open device manager.
2. Expand Network adapters and then right-click on the Wireless network card.
3. From there you have to Select Uninstall option if asked for confirmation Just select yes.
4. Once uninstallation process is complete click on Action and then select ‘Scan for hardware changes.
5. The device manager will automatically install the wireless drivers.
6. Now just look for a wireless network and establish a connection.
7. Next, you have to Open Network and Sharing Center and then just click on ‘Change adapter settings.
8. Finally, you have to right-click on Wi-Fi and select Disable.
9. After a few minutes again Enable it.
10. Now right click on network icon and select ‘Troubleshoot Problems.
11. Let troubleshooter automatically fix the issue.
12. Finally, Reboot to apply all the changes.
Sometimes DNS cache becomes corrupted due to technical glitches. These corrupted DNS cache prevents you from connecting to the internet because there is a mismatch in the IP address. So, to fix this issue you have to just Flush The DNS cache.
Here is how you can do it…..
In Windows start menu type “cmd” and open it as an administrator.
Now Command prompt will be open up, and here type “ipconfig /flushdns” and press enter. This will flush the DNS cache and no internet issue will be solved.
Obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically
If you are getting internet access on your computer when you connect it with other wifi or mobile hotspot but not getting internet access with current wifi then chances are you are getting ti because of DNS or IP address conflict.
Another way to check this issue by pinging your router from cmd, if you are getting timeout response, then it’s probably the IP address conflict. Ip address conflict mostly happens when two and more devices are assigned with the same Ip addresses.
Here is how you can Obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically..
2. Now you have to click on your connection i.e. the wireless network to which you are connected to.
3. In Wi-Fi, status window click on ‘Properties.‘
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on the Properties option.
5. In General tab, tick on Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
6. Finally, Reboot your PC and see if you’re able to Fix WiFi Connected but no Internet Access.
Try resetting TCP/IP or Winsock
1. First of all Right click on Windows button and select “Command Prompt(Admin).”
2. Now you have to type the following command one by one and hit enter:
a)netsh winsock reset
b)netsh int ip reset c)ipconfig /release
Edit Registry key
Step 1: Press Windows key + R then type “regedit” and hit enter on keyboard.
Step 2: In the Registry go to the following key:
Step 3: Search for the key “EnableActiveProbing” and set its value to 1.
Step 4: Finally reboot your computer and laptop and check laptop connected to wifi but no internet access fixed or not.
Remove Bonjour services
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Bonjour
2. Now you have to Rename the mdnsNSP.dll file in that folder to mdnsNSP.old
3. Now you have to Restart your computer
4. Try uninstalling Bonjour and then delete the Bonjour folder.
5. Restart to apply changes.
Malwarebytes and Clean boot
First of all, you have to Download, then install Malwarebytes from here.
Then you have to Run Antimalware and follow all the on-screen instructions.
Press Windows key + R then type msconfig and then hit enter to open system configuration settings.
Now you have to Select Boot tab then tick Safe boot with Network under Boot options.
Now you have to Click onApply followed by OK.
Finally, reboot your pc and try to chook it is fixed or Not.
Reset Your Network
As you can understand it from the name, Resetting network will reset all the existing network adapter and install new adapter as well as it set other networking components back to their default settings.
Windows will Forget your ethernet network, wifi connection and password. Which means it will delete all the stored WiFi credentials and VPN connections. This is why resetting your network will be the last option.
1. First of all click on Start button > Type Network Reset.
2. A new window will open and tell you what happened when you reset network. Just click “Reset now” and restart your Pc.
Guys this was all the possible solution to fix WiFi Connected But No Internet Access. I have personally faced this issue several times and I was able to fix it through these methods. You have to just try all these methods one by one and check everytime that wifi connected no internet fix or not.
Now it’s your turn to tell me in the comments section which method worked for you. Please share this post if you find it helpful.